Luke mccormick sky sports reports

Luke McCormick, the previous English goalkeeper was born in Coventry in 1983. The beginnings of his career bore an unusual familiarity compared to that of a Hollywood movie. Followed closely by Sky Sports news, McCormick began his career in the 2003- 2004 season as a backup for Romain Larrieu. Stepping up to his position, McCormick received seven consecutive clean sheets and proceeded to create a whole new club record. The Plymouth Argyle fans also voted him the most promising player of the year. He was then sent on loan to Boston United of League Two in October 2004, by Bobby Williamson who was then the Plymouth Argyle manager.

He then transferred to Leicester City F.C along with Ian Holloway, the former Plymouth Argyle Manager. His career graph rose steadily and consistently from then on and McCormick gave impressive performances while in the final matches of 2007-2008 season.

The cloud settled on his career when on June 7th, 2008, Luke McCormick was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving while he was on his way back coming from a former team mates wedding. The Central Motorway Police Group, that was responsible for arresting McCormick, stated McCormicks Range Rover collided with a Toyota Previa resulting in the death of Aaron and Ben Peak of ages ten and eight respectively.

The motorist in the car was the childrens father who was severely injured and had to be taken up to the Hospital Of North Staffordshire. It was then discovered that he had sustained multiple fractures inside the neck, ribs and his back and the lungs were also swollen. The other three passengers in the Previa were treated for minor injuries.

He was charged with two counts of death brought on by dangerous driving, driving with alcohol in the blood and in addition driving without being insured by the Staffordshire Police the very next day. On June 9 he was presented before the Fenton Magistrate Court and was granted conditional bail. On June 16 he appeared before the Stroke-on-Trent Crown Court where the charges on driving without an insurance were dropped against him. This case was finally tried in October 2008 when he was sentenced to seven years and four months of jail term.

Sky Sports news reported that Luke McCormick pleaded guilty on the charges filed against him. The amount of alcohol found in his blood was twice the permissible drink and drive limit. McCormick admitted to have fallen asleep on the wheel that night which ended in the horrific crash.

The aftershocks of the incident began when on 22nd July, 2008 Plymouth Argyle cancelled Luke McCormicks contract of goalkeeper in just a month from the accident. It had been told to all media people including Sky Sports News this contract was cancelled on mutual consent. He had already been suspended from Plymouth in the beginning of the month and had been asked not to attend the pre-season training.

Controversy continues to surround Luke McCormick nevertheless. He caused a storm when his prison team officials sent a request to the South Devon League so that he could play in the Division Two side. In a report in Sky Sports news it had been noted that some South Devon League officials were displeased on this request as they feel that McCormick should be punished for his deed and not be allowed to spend time playing football.